Ghost in tbe Machine

Ghost in the Machine

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

greetings.

It's kind of ironic for an author of a zine titled "Machine's Don't Love You" to enrol in a class called "Spirituality and Technology". My understanding of ‘spirituality’ and ‘technology’ as separate discourses is pathetically minimal, almost blasphemous. The tone of my ‘wow’ doesn’t fluctuate when contemplating the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and the reception of a cell phone. They are both equal mysteries to me.

I suppose the allure of polarized subjects violently brought together by academics, metaphysicians, and the occasional marginalized artists got me in. Oh the things we find alluring in academia. Or perhaps this class is my attempt to redeem myself of my anti-tech and semi atheist bias. Who know, come next summer I could be building a Buddhist sex machine in my basement. It should be good times.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

About the band name:
My humble suggestion: Whaba Webba

That, oddly enough, for me, combines a washboard and a styrofoam tube!!!

See ya next week
Michael

8:06 PM  
Blogger . said...

I would so jam to a band call Whaba Webba.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home